442 Smith Hall
Newark, Delaware 19716
B.Sc., Physics, University of Madras, India
B.E., Electronics and Communication, Indian Institute of Science, India
M.E., Automation, Indian Institute of Science, India
Ph.D., Computer Science, University of Pennsylvania, USA
Natural language processing: parsing, text mining, information extraction/retrieval; and machine learning
- G. Sridhara, L. Pollock, and K Vijay-Shanker, ”Automatically Detecting and Describing High Level Actions within Methods”, Proceedings of the 33rd International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE-2011), 2011 to appear
- C. J. Kern, L. Liao, and K. Vijay-Shanker, ”Improving Transmembrane Protein Prediction by Increasing the Utilization of Local Information”, Proceedings of 3rd International Conference on Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, 2011 to appear
- C. A. Arighi, A. Siu, C. O. Tudor, J. A. Nchoutmboube, C. H. Wu and K. Vijay-Shanker, ”e-FIP: A Tool for Mining Functional Impact of Phosphorylation from Literature”, Bioinformatics for Comparative Proteomics, Ed. C. H. Wu and C. Chen, Humana Press, 63–76, 2010
- C. O. Tudor, C. J. Schmidt, K. Vijay-Shanker, ”eGIFT: Mining Gene Information from the Literature”, BMC Bioinformatics, 11:418, 2010
- G. Sridhara, E. Hill, D. Muppaneni, L. Pollock, and K Vijay-Shanker, ”Towards Automatically Generating Comments for Java Methods.” Proceedings of 25th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering, IEEE/ACM, 43–52, 2010. ACM SIGSOFT Distinguished Paper Award (ASE 2010)
- F. Xia, M. Palmer and K. Vijay-Shanker, ”Developing Tree-Adjoining Grammars from lexical Descriptions”, In Supertagging: Using Complex Lexical Descriptions in Natural Language Processing, Ed. Srinivas Bangalore and Aravind Joshi, MIT Press, 73-110, 2010.
- M. Bloodgood and K. Vijay-Shanker, ”A Method for Stopping Active Learning Based on Stabilizing Predictions”, Proceedings of Conference on Natural Language Learning, 39-47, 2009.
- M. Bloodgood and K. Vijay-Shanker, ”Taking into Account the Differences between Actively and Passively Acquired Data: The Case of Active Learning with Support Vector Machines for Imbalanced Datasets”, Proceedings of North American Assoc. of Computational Linguistics- Human Language Technology (NAACLHLT), 137-140, 2009.
- Eric Enslen, Emily Hill, Lori Pollock and K. Vijay-Shanker, ”Mining Source Code to Automatically Split Identiers for Software Analysis” Proceedings of 6th Conference on Mining Software Repositories, 71-80, 2009.
- Emily Hill, Lori Pollock, and K. Vijay-Shanker, ”Automatically Capturing Source Code Context of NLQueries for Software Maintenance and Reuse.”. Proceedings of International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE ’09), 232-242, 2009.