442 Smith Hall
Newark, Delaware 19716
B.Sc., Physics, University of Madras, India
B.E., Electronics and Communication, Indian Institute of Science, India
M.E., Automation, Indian Institute of Science, India
Ph.D., Computer Science, University of Pennsylvania, USA
My research interest is in natural language processing. I am particularly interested in text mining and information extraction, especially on biomedical literature and software artifacts. I am also interested in machine learning and tailoring ML algorithms to meet the needs of application domains.
- Su, G. Li, C. Wu, K. Vijay-Shanker. “Using distant supervision to augment manually annotated data for relation extraction.” PLoS ONE 14(7): e0216913, 2019.
- Biswas, K. Vijay-Shanker, L. Pollock. “Exploring word embedding techniques to improve sentiment analysis of software engineering texts.” In Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Mining Software Repositories, pp. 68-78. IEEE Press, 2019.
- Gupta, H. Dingerdissen, KE Ross, Y. Hu, C. Wu, R. Mazumder, K. Vijay-Shanker. “DEXTER: Disease-Expression Relation Extraction from Text.” Database 2018 (2018): bay045.
- Ren, G. Li, KE Ross, C. Arighi, P. McGarvey, S. Rao, J. Cowart, S. Madhavan, K. Vijay-Shanker, C. Wu. “iTextMine: integrated text-mining system for large-scale knowledge extraction from the literature.” Database 2018 (2018).
- Li, C. Wu, K. Vijay-Shanker. “Noise reduction methods for distantly supervised biomedical relation extraction.” In BioNLP 2017, pp. 184-193. 2017.
- ASMA Mahmood, S. Rao, P. McGarvey, C. Wu, S. Madhavan, K. Vijay-Shanker. “eGARD: Extracting associations between genomic anomalies and drug responses from text.” PloS one 12, no. 12 (2017): e0189663.
- Li, KE Ross, CN Arighi, Y. Peng, C. Wu, K. Vijay-Shanker. “miRTex: a text mining system for miRNA-gene relation extraction.” PLoS computational biology 11, no. 9 (2015): e1004391.
- Wang, L. Pollock, K. Vijay-Shanker. “Automatically generating natural language descriptions for object-related statement sequences.” In 2017 IEEE 24th International Conference on Software Analysis, Evolution and Reengineering (SANER), pp. 205-216. IEEE, 2017.
- Wang, L. Pollock, K. Vijay‐Shanker. “Automatic segmentation of method code into meaningful blocks: Design and evaluation.” Journal of Software: Evolution and Process 26, no. 1 (2014): 27-49.
- Gupta, ASMA Mahmood, KE Ross, C. Wu, K. Vijay-Shanker. “Identifying comparative structures in biomedical text.” In BioNLP 2017, pp. 206-215. 2017.