CIS Student Clubs
Below is a partial list of student organizations within the CIS department and across the University. Their web pages offer helpful information, tips, and links, as well as communities which may help you throughout your undergraduate student career.
- ACM-W (Association for Computing Machinery-Women)
- We are the largest organization of women studying tech on campus. We host weekly meetings for networking, career development, and fun events.
- Contact Info: Sarah Joyce (general), email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Erin Wallace (Mentoring), email@example.com
Web site coming soon: http://acmwud.github.io
- Meeting Times: Mondays at 7:00pm
- Our mission is to foster interest in applying technical knowledge and experience in ways that will help our community and promote technology as a means for positive social change
- Contact Info: Maria Van Venrooy, firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site: https://ud-cs-social-good.github.io/
- ACM (Association for Computing Machinery)
- ACM is an all-encompassing computer science club and part of the largest network of computer scientists in the world. We welcome all people with any level of experience in CS. In our meetings, we cover interesting topics like artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, web development, and almost anything our members want to learn. Join ACM to join the larger community of CS at UD and beyond.
- Contact Info: Jinay Jain, email@example.com
- Meeting Times: Wednesdays at 7PM (let us know if you have a conflict)
- Capture the Flag
- We compete in weekly cyber security competitions and hold regular learning sessions in cryptography, exploitation, reverse engineering, and forensics.
- Contact Person: Landon Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Linux User’s Group
- We conduct weekly talks about all things computers. There’s a main focus on Linux, however, it’s more about having fun and learning so things can deviate quite a bit. Past talks have included understanding git, creating a honey pot, going on the “deep web” and much more.
- Contact Info: Sam Calvert, email@example.com,
- Meeting Times: Mondays at 6:00pm