CIS Student Clubs
Below is a partial list of student organizations within the CIS department and across the University. Their web pages offer helpful information, tips, and links, as well as communities which may help you throughout your undergraduate student career.
- ACM-W (Association for Computing Machinery-Women)
- We are the largest organization of women studying tech on campus. We host weekly meetings for networking, career development, and fun events.
- Contact Info: Sarah Joyce (general), firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Erin Wallace (Mentoring), firstname.lastname@example.org
Web site coming soon: http://acmwud.github.io
- Meeting Times: Mondays at 7:00pm
- ACM (Association for Computing Machinery)
- ACM is an all-encompassing computer science club and part of the largest network of computer scientists in the world. We welcome all people with any level of experience in CS. In our meetings, we cover interesting topics like artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, web development, and almost anything our members want to learn. Join ACM to join the larger community of CS at UD and beyond.
- Contact Info: Jinay Jain, email@example.com
- Meeting Times: Wednesdays at 7PM (let us know if you have a conflict)
- Capture the Flag
- Linux User’s Group
- We conduct weekly talks about all things computers. There’s a main focus on Linux, however, it’s more about having fun and learning so things can deviate quite a bit. Past talks have included understanding git, creating a honey pot, going on the “deep web” and much more.
- Contact Info: Sam Calvert, firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Meeting Times: Mondays at 6:00pm