436 Smith Hall
Newark, Delaware 19716
PhD | 1986 | Computer Science, University of Pittsburgh
MS | 1983 | Computer Science, University of Pittsburgh
BS | 1981 | Computer Science & Economics, Allegheny College
Program analysis for building better software maintenance tools, optimizing compilers for modern computer architectures, and software testing
- CS Education/Education Research
- Software Engineering
- Kostadin Damevski, Hui Chen, David Shepherd, Nicholas Kraft, Lori Pollock, “Predicting Future Developer Behavior in the IDE Using Topic Models,” IEEE Transaction on Software Engineering, Volume 1, No. 1, Sept, 2017.
- Mouza, C., Yang, H., Pan, C., Yilmaz Ozden, S., and Pollock, L. “Resetting educational technology coursework for pre-service teachers: A computational thinking approach to TPACK development.” Australian Journal of Teacher Education. Volume 33, Number 3, 2017.
- Kostadin Damevski, David Shepherd, Johannes Schneider, Lori Pollock, “Mining Sequences of Developer Interactions in Visual Studio for Usage Smells,” IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, Issue 99, 2016.
- Cagri Sahin, Lori Pollock, James Clause, “From Benchmarks to Real Apps: Exploring the Energy Impacts of Performancedirected Changes,” Journal of Systems and Software, March 2016.
- Chrystalla Mouza, Alison Marzocchi, Yi-Cheng Pan, Lori Pollock, “Development, Implementation and Outcomes of an Equitable Computer Science After-School Program: Findings from Middle-School Students,” Journal of Research on Technology in Education (JRTE), 48 (2), pages 84-104, 2016. 2
- Kostadin Damevski, David Shepherd, Lori Pollock, “A Field Study of How Developers Locate Features in Source Code”, Empirical Software Engineering, Springer January 2015, pages 1-24.
- Emily Hill, David Binkley, Dawn Lawrie, Lori Pollock, K. Vijay-Shanker, “An Empirical Study of Identifier Splitting Techniques,” Empirical Software Engineering, Springer Link, August 2013.
- Sara E. Sprenkle, Lori L. Pollock, Lucy M. Simko, “Configuring Effective Navigation Models and Abstract Test Cases for Web Applications by Analyzing User Behavior,” Journal of Software Testing, Verification, and Reliability, 2013.
- Xiaoran Wang, Lori Pollock, K. Vijay-Shanker, ”Automatic Segmentation of Method Code into Meaningful Blocks: Design and Evaluation,” Journal of Software: Evolution and Process, Wiley, 2013.
- Lori Pollock, K. Vijay-Shanker, Emily Hill, Giriprasad Sridhara, David Shepherd, “Natural Language-based Software Analyses and Tools for Software Maintenance,” Book chapter in Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer Verlag, 2012.
View Full CV