432 Smith Hall
Newark, Delaware 19716
PhD | 1993 | Mathematics, University of Chicago
MSc | 1989 | Mathematics, Oxford University
BA | 1988 | Mathematics, University of Chicago
Dr. Siegel received the Ph.D. degree in mathematics from the University of Chicago in 1993. During his graduate studies, he spent a year at Oxford University as a Fulbright fellow, and after graduation was an NSF post-doctoral researcher at Northwestern University. His mathematical research deals primarily with the theory of finite groups, especially applications of representation theory and cohomology to that field. He later became a senior research scientist in the computer science department at the University of Massachusetts, working in software engineering, with a focus on verification of concurrent programs. Today he is an Associate Professor at the University of Delaware in computer science with a joint appointment in the mathematics department. He researches formal methods, the use of logical and mathematical techniques for producing better software and hardware systems. Applications of formal methods to scientific and high performance computing are a particular focus.
- Report of the HPC Correctness SummitGanesh Gopalakrishnan, Ganesh Gopalakrishnan, Ganesh Gopalakrishnan , Sriram Krishnamoorthy, Ignacio Laguna, Richard A. Lethin, Koushik Sen, Stephen F. Siegel, Armando Solar-Lezama, Report of the HPC Correctness Summit Jan 25-26, 2017, Washington, DC
- Verification of MPI programs using CIVLZiqing Luo, Manchun Zheng, and Stephen F. Siegel. 2017. In Proceedings of the 24th European MPI Users’ Group Meeting (EuroMPI ’17).ACM, New York, NY, USA, Article 6, 11 pages.
- CIVL Solutions to VerifyThis 2016 ChallengesStephen F. Siegel (2017, April). CIVL Solutions to VerifyThis 2016 Challenges. ACM SIGLOG News, 4, 55–75.
- CIVL: Applying a General Concurrency Verification Framework to C/Pthreads Programs (Competition Contribution)Manchun Zheng, John G. Edenhofner, Ziqing Luo, Mitchell J. Gerrard, Michael S. Rogers, Matthew B. Dwyer, and Stephen F. Siegel SVCOMP 2016
- CIVL: The Concurrency Intermediate Verification LanguageStephen F. Siegel, Manchun Zheng, Ziqing Luo, Timothy K. Zirkel, Andre V. Marianiello, John G. Edenhofner, Matthew B. Dwyer, Michael S. Rogers, SC 2015
- CIVL: Formal Verification of Parallel ProgramsManchun Zheng, Michael S. Rogers, Ziqing Luo, Matthew B. Dwyer, Stephen F. Siegel, ASE 2015
View Full CV