414 Smith Hall
Newark, Delaware 19716
Postdoctoral | 2018 | Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
PhD | 2015 | University of Central Florida
MSc | 2011 | Iran University of Science and Technology
BSc | 2008 | Kharazmi University
Rahmat Beheshti works in the area of Health Data Science and Applied Machine Learning. He has worked extensively on two major public health epidemics: smoking and obesity and has focused on very different aspects of these two, including the social, economic, environmental, and lately biological factors that affect these epidemics.
- R. Beheshti, Y. Treesukosol, T. Igusa, and T. H. Moran, “A predictive model of rats’ calorie intake as a function of diet energy density,” American Journal of Physiology-Regulatory, Integrative and Comparative Physiology, 2018. [accepted/in press]
- R. Beheshti, T. Igusa, J. Jones-Smith, “Taking dietary habits into account: A computational method for modeling food choices that goes beyond price,” PLoS One 12, 1-13, 2017. PMCID:28542615.
- R. Beheshti, M. Jalalpour, and T. A. Glass, “ Comparing methods of targeting obesity interventions in populations: An agent-based simulation,” Social Science & Medicine – Population Health, vol. 3, pp. 211– 218, 2017.
- R. Beheshti, T. Igusa, and J. Jones-Smith, “Simulated models suggest that price per calorie is the dominant price metric that low-income individuals use for food decision-making,” The Journal of Nutrition , vol. 146, no. 11, pp. 2304– 2311, 2016. [Impact Factor: 4.15]
- R. Beheshti and G. Sukthankar, “A hybrid modeling approach for parking and traffic prediction in urban simulations,” AI and Society , vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 333-344, 2015.
- R. Beheshti and N. Mozayani, “ HOMAN, a learning based negotiation method for Holonic multi-agent systems,” Journal of Intelligent and Fuzzy Systems , vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 655– 666, 2014.
- R. Beheshti and N. Mozayani, “A new mechanism for negotiations in multi-agent systems based on ARTMAP artificial neural network,” in Agent and Multi-Agent Systems: Technologies and Applications, vol. 6682 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 311-320, Springer International Publishing, 2011.
- R. Beheshti and N. Mozayani, “Negotiations in Holonic multi-agent systems,” in Recent Advances in Agentbased Complex Automated Negotiation, pp. 107-118, Springer International Publishing, 2016.
View Full CV