416 Smith Hall
Newark, Delaware 19716
PhD | 1999 | Computer Science, Brown University, Providence, RI.
MSc | 1991 | Computer Science, The Hebrew University, of Jerusalem, Israel.
BSc | 1988 | Computer Science, Minors in Mathematics and Education, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel.
Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, Medical Information and Computational Biomedicine, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- M. Bhattacharya, C. Jurkovitz and H. Shatkay .
Co-occurrence of Medical Conditions: Exposing Patterns through Probabilistic Topic Modeling of SNOMED Codes.
Journal of Biomedical Informatics, 82, 2018.
- P. Li, X. Jiang, C. Kambhamettu and H. Shatkay
Compound Image Segmentation of Published Biomedical Figures.
Bioinformatics , 34(7), 2018. (Early access October, 2017).
- L. Nahlawi, C. Goncalves, F. Imani, M. Gaed, J.A. Gomez, M. Mousa, E. Gibson, A. Fenster, A.D. Ward, P. Abolmaesumi, H. Shatkay and P. Mousavi.
Stochastic Modeling of Temporal Enhanced Ultrasound: Impact of Temporal Properties on Prostate Cancer Characterization.
IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, Early access, TBME-00635-2017.R1, 2017.
- X. Jiang, M. Ringwald, J. Black and H. Shatkay. Effective Biomedical Document Classification for Identifying Publications Relevant to the Mouse Gene Expression Database (GXD).
Database . 2017 (1).
- R. Simha, S. Briesemeister, O. Kohlbacher and H. Shatkay. Protein (Multi-)Location Prediction: Utilizing Interdependencies via a Generative Model a Probabilistic Framework.
Bioinformatics 31(8). 2015. (Also presented as a conference paper at ISMB’15)
- H. Shatkay, S. Brady and A. Wong. Text as Data: Using Text-Based Features for Proteins Representation and for Computational Prediction of their Characterisitics.
Methods, Elsevier. 2015.
- Q.A. Rahman, L. Tereshchenko, M. Kongkatong, T. Abraham, M.R. Abraham and H. Shatkay. Utilizing ECG-based Heartbeat Classification for Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Identification.
IEEE Transactions on NanoBioscience 14(5). 2015.
- R. Simha and H. Shatkay. Protein (Multi-)Location Prediction: Using Location Inter-Dependencies in a Probabilistic Framework.
Algorithms for Molecular Biology 9:8. 2014.
- K. Verspoor, H. Shatkay, L. Hirschman and C. Blaschke. Summary of the BioLINK SIG 2013 at ISMB/ECCB 2013.
Bioinformatics btu412. 2014.
- A. Wong and H. Shatkay. Protein Function Prediction using Text-based Features extracted from Biomedical Literature: The CAFA Challenge.
BMC Bioinformatics 14(S3), S14. 2013.
Selected for a highlight presentation at the ACM BCB 2012 Conference.