314 Evans Hall
Newark, Delaware 19716
PhD | 2014 | University of Waterloo, Canada
Master of Applied Science | 2009 | University of Waterloo, Canada
Bachelor of Engineering | 2007 | Tongji University , Shanghai, China
Xiugang Wu is an assistant professor at the University of Delaware, where he is jointly appointed in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering and the Department of Computer and Information Sciences, and also affiliated with the Data Science Institute. Previously, he was a postdoctoral fellow in the Department of Electrical Engineering at Stanford University, and received his Ph.D. degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the University of Waterloo. His research interests are in information theory, networks, data science, and the interplay between them. He is a recipient of the 2017 NSF Center for Science of Information (CSoI) Postdoctoral Fellowship.
- C. T. Li, X. Wu, A. Ozgur, A. El Gamal, “Minimax learning for remote prediction,” in preparation.
- X. Wu, L. Barnes, A. Ozgur, ““The capacity of the relay channel”: Solution to Cover’s problem in the Gaussian Case,” submitted to IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, Jan. 2017; Revised Oct. 2017. Available online at https://arxiv.org/abs/1701.02043.
- X. Wu and A. Ozgur, “Cut-set bound is loose for Gaussian relay networks,” to appear in IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, DOI: 10.1109/TIT.2017.2731963.
- X. Wu, A. Ozgur, and L.-L. Xie, “Improving on the cut-set bound via geometric analysis of typical sets,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 63, pp. 2254-2277, April 2017.
- X. Wu, S. Zhang and A. Ozgur, “STAC: Simultaneous Transmitting and Air Computing in wireless data center networks,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 34, pp. 4024-4034, Dec. 2016.
- X. Wu and L.-L. Xie, “A unified relay framework with both D-F and C-F relay nodes,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 60, no.1, pp. 586-604, January 2014.
- X. Wu and L.-L. Xie, “On the optimal compressions in the compress-and-forward relay schemes,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 59, no. 5, pp. 2613-2628, May 2013.
View Full CV